Science for the Kids!
Hi there G3 family!
Ms. Morgan here! Hope you are all having a great week so far. Another week down and I still can’t believe how long it has been.
Hope all of you are staying strong, we’ve got this! I decided to make this week all about science for the kids! Turns out my kids really enjoy science and enjoy learning about how things work so I decided to dedicate a week to the wonderful and mysterious world of experiments!
Remember our experiment a few weeks ago? I have another one for you!
It is so easy to get wrapped up in all the work we have to get done so coming up with some fun ideas to break up the monotony of the work week is vital for my sanity and for theirs! I like to challenge myself and come up with family activities that will engage us all.
Here is the lava lamp experiment! Give it a try!
- clear jar or cup
- Food Coloring
- Vegetable Oil
- Alka Seltzer Tablets
- Measuring Cups
- Measure 1 cup of water into a jar.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to the water and stir it around.
- Measure 1 cup of vegetable oil into the jar. Where does the oil settle?
- Break up an Alka Seltzer tablet and drop it in. See what happens!
- Continue adding pieces of tablets and enjoy your lava lamp!